Skip to main content

Responsibilities and agreements

Share this page

As an authorised agent of the University of Sydney Centre for English Teaching (CET), it is important that you know about your responsibilities. In order to actively represent CET, you also require a formal agreement.

CET strives to provide a professional service and in doing so expects the same service to be supplied by its representatives. We believe that you, as an agent, will uphold this professionalism and we will continue to help prospective students reach their desired outcome.

Please click on the links below to find our more.

Responsibilities and Obligations

CET is required to comply with ESOS Act National Code. For more information please visit the Australian Government Department of Education and Training website.

Part D Standard 4.5 states that this requires the registered provider must take immediate corrective and preventative action upon the registered provider becoming aware of an education agent being negligent, careless or incompetent or being engaged in false, misleading or unethical advertising and recruitment practices, including practices that could harm the integrity of Australian education and training.

As an authorised agent, you need to be familiar with your responsibilities in relation to counselling or advising prospective students.

Obligations of the agent

Please review the Agent Agreement for the obligations of the agent.


Under Australian Government legislation, it is necessary that all agent representatives hold a current formal agreement in order to recruit prospective students for CET.

If you would like to become an authorised agent, please contact CET to find out whether you are eligible.

Current authorised agents will be ranked according to their performance and will receive either a one or three-year agreement dependent upon ranking. Performance will be based on the following:

  • student enrolments
  • agent-student relationships (including quality of counselling and advice)
  • agent-CET relationship
  • agent’s understanding the enrolment process and the Department of Home Affairs regulations (including sending completed applications and necessary documentation).

Once your agreement has expired, CET will send through a new agreement via email which you will need to sign and return. Once this has been received a certificate of representation will be sent to you. If we do not receive the agreement, we will assume you no longer wish to represent CET.


CET only pays commission once the student has commenced their program. In order to claim commission, agents must send through an invoice to our Finance Team.

A sample invoice is available here.


Before you enrol a student using our online registration tool, request an Agent ID from: Business Development and Partnerships (BDP).

After you have sent an application: Enrolments Team.

All enquiries for international students about degree courses: University Contact Us page.