Skip to main content


How to apply for one visa to cover your English and degree studies.
Share this page

'Packaging' means you can obtain one visa which covers both university studies and English learning.

This will make your visa processing much simpler.

You will receive Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) forms from both the University’s Admissions team and The Centre for English Teaching (CET). This allows you to apply for one visa for your whole period of study.

We believe this will streamline the visa application process for students wishing to study at the University of Sydney, because, with the 'package', it will not be necessary to apply for a second visa before commencing degree studies.

Steps to apply for a package offer


Apply to the University for the degree of your choice

Apply online for your degree program through the University’s Find a Course website. You may apply online directly to the University or through a registered university / CET agent.


Receive a conditional offer from the University

If you are eligible for an offer of admission but have not provided any proof of English proficiency, the University will send you a conditional offer subject to meeting the English requirements for your course.

If you have conditions other than English on your conditional offer, you will need to meet the other conditions before you apply for a CET package.


Apply to CET for an English course

You can Apply Online for all of our courses. You will be asked to upload your University conditional offer, English language test and passport as part of the CET application process.


CET will send you a 'package' offer

CET will make a recommendation for a course type based on the data you enter and you will receive a confirmation email.

CET will send you a 'package' offer. In order to accept the package, you must meet all the conditions on your University offer, apart from English.


Make a payment

Once you have met all entry requirements except for English language, send your payment to CET as per the instructions in the offer letter.


Receive your eCoE from the CET and from University Admissions

You will receive two Electronic Confirmation of Enrolments (eCOE). CET issues an eCoE for English studies and the University Admissions team issues an eCoE for degree studies.


Apply for your student visa

When you have both eCoEs, you apply for your visa.


With your visa, make your travel arrangements

When you receive your visa, you can make all other arrangements to come to Australia and start your English studies at CET.