Skip to main content
Unit of study_

Chinese 3B (Upper Intermediate) - CHNS3602

Year - 2020

Continuation of Chinese 3A (Upper Intermediate). Continuing development of Chinese-language literacy through study of texts on a range of social and cultural topics, including some authentic literary texts. Further enhancement of speaking, listening and writing skills through advanced language exercises, including composition and discussion. Upon completion, students should be comfortable with both full-form and simplified characters, use dictionaries and language registers discerningly, and be confident of their ability to express ideas and arguments effectively in Chinese.

Classes
1x1hr lecture/week, 3x1hr tutorials/week

Assessment
1x500wd equivalent total weekly classwork (10%), 2x750wd equivalent total reading and writing assignments (20%), 2x5mins oral presentations (30%), 2x750wd equivalent total in-class tests (40%)

Assumed knowledge
Two and a half years of university-level Chinese-language instruction for students without prior knowledge of Chinese

Pre-requisites

CHNS3601

Prohibitions

CHNS3000 or CHNS3001 or HSC Chinese Background Speakers

Details

Faculty: Arts and Social Sciences

Semester 2

24 Aug 2020

Department/School: Chinese Studies
Study Mode: Normal (lecture/lab/tutorial) day
Census Date: 28 Sep 2020
Unit of study level: Senior
Credit points: 6.0
EFTSL: 0.125
Available for study abroad and exchange: Yes
Faculty/department permission required? No
Location
Camperdown
Courses that offer this unit

Non-award/non-degree study If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student. Cross-institutional study If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to undertake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.

To help you understand common terms that we use at the University, we offer an online glossary.