Following a successful pilot program last year, the University of Sydney has been awarded accreditation by the UK’s Higher Education Academy for two programs: 1) The Sydney Educational Fellowship Program; 2) The Graduate Certificate in Educational Studies (Higher Education) – from 2018.
If you are a professional or academic member of staff, interested in gaining recognition for your dedication to designing, providing and/or supporting excellent teaching in higher education, you may be interested in applying for fellowship of the Higher Education Academy (HEA, now known as Advance HE).
The Sydney Educational Fellowship Program will support applicants in four categories: Associate, Fellow, Senior and Principal. There are many benefits to Fellowship including:
- Consolidation of personal development and evidence of professional practice in your higher education career
- Appropriate for a range of career levels and stages, and inclusive of both professional and academic staff
- A valuable and portable measure of success that is increasingly recognised internationally
- Demonstration of a commitment to teaching, learning and the student experience, through engagement in a practical process that encourages reflection and learning
- The entitlement to use post-nominal letters (AFHEA, FHEA, SFHEA, PFHEA).
Assessment of Associate and Fellow applications will be made by an internal panel and Senior and Principal applications will be assessed externally.
Check out the resources in the Sydney Educational Fellowship Program eCommunity in Canvas, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.