The course resolutions detailed in this page apply to all courses included in the table below under section 1 (course codes).
These resolutions must be read in conjunction with applicable University By-laws, Rules and policies including (but not limited to) the University of Sydney (Coursework) Rule 2014 (the 'Coursework Rule'), the Coursework Policy 2021 (the 'Coursework Policy'), the Learning and Teaching Policy 2019, the Resolutions of the Faculty, University of Sydney (Student Academic Appeals) Rule 2021, the Academic Honesty in Coursework Policy 2015 and the Academic Honesty Procedures 2016. Current versions of all policies are available from the Policy Register: http://www.sydney.edu.au/policies
|DLSOCSCI-02||Diploma of Social Sciences|
The attendance pattern for this course is full time or part time according to candidate choice.
(1) Admission to candidature for the Diploma of Social Sciences requires the applicant to:
(a) be currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree or combined degree program at the University of Sydney and have approval for concurrent enrolment from the Associate Deans of the Faculties, and have completed one year of full time (or equivalent part time) study; or
(b) be currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree or combined degree program at another recognised tertiary institution and have completed one year of full time (or equivalent part time) study; or
(c) have been awarded, or be eligible for the award of, an undergraduate degree from a recognised tertiary institution.
A student may not enrol concurrently in two diploma courses unless, due to exceptional circumstances, permission has been granted by the Dean.
(1) The units of study that may be taken for the course are set out in Table A of the Bachelor of Arts.
(2) To qualify for the award of the Diploma of Social Sciences, a candidate must successfully complete 48 credit points chosen from any of the subject areas listed in section 6 below, which may include an optional major or minor.
(3) The requirements for a major or minor are set out in the Unit of Study Tables for Table A of the Bachelor of Arts.
(1) Completion of a major or minor is an optional requirement of the course. The majors and minors available are:
(c) Economic Policy
(d) International Relations
(e) Political Economy
(h) Social Policy (minor only)
(i) Socio-legal Studies
(1) The Diploma of Social Sciences is awarded in a Pass grade only.
(1) These resolutions apply to students who commenced their candidature after 1 January, 2023.
(2) Candidates who commenced prior to 1 January, 2023 will complete the requirements in accordance with the resolutions in force at the time of their commencement.