The course resolutions detailed in this page apply to all courses included in the table below under section 1 (course codes).
These resolutions must be read in conjunction with applicable University By-laws, Rules and policies including (but not limited to) the University of Sydney (Coursework) Rule 2014 (the 'Coursework Rule'), the Coursework Policy 2021 (the 'Coursework Policy'), the Learning and Teaching Policy 2019, the Resolutions of the Faculty, University of Sydney (Student Academic Appeals) Rule 2021, the Academic Honesty in Coursework Policy 2015 and the Academic Honesty Procedures 2016. Current versions of all policies are available from the Policy Register: http://www.sydney.edu.au/policies
|MAMOVIMG-01||Master of Moving Image|
The attendance pattern for this course is full time or part time according to candidate choice.
The masters degree in these resolutions is a professional masters course, as defined by the Coursework Policy.
(1) Available places will be offered to qualified applicants in the order in which complete applications are received, according to the following admissions criteria.
(2) Admission to the Master of Moving Image requires:
(a) a bachelors degree or higher award in visual arts, from the University of Sydney, or a qualification deemed by the faculty to be equivalent; and
(b) the presentation of a portfolio of creative work demonstrating the ability to undertake advanced art practice and coursework.
(3) In exceptional circumstances the Dean may admit applicants without these qualifications who, in the opinion of the faculty, have qualifications and evidence of experience and achievement sufficient to successfully undertake the award.
(1) To qualify for the award of the Master of Moving Image a candidate must complete 72 credit points, including:
(a) 30 credit points of core units of study;
(b) 6 credit points of capstone units of study;
(c) 6 credit points of selective units of study;
(d) 30 credit points of elective units of study.
(2) Candidates may apply to the course coordinator to substitute six credit points of electives with any other postgraduate coursework unit of study in the University. Permission may also be required from the coordinator of the chosen unit.
(1) These resolutions apply to students who commenced their candidature after 1 January 2023 and students who commenced their candidature prior to 1 January 2023 who elect to proceed under these resolutions.