This research project aims to develop new machine learning methods for various visual recognition tasks such as object/scene recognition, face and human gait recognition, activity recognition and video event recognition.
Visual recognition is an important research problem because of its broad range of applications in video surveillance, human computer interaction and intelligent image/video search. New machine learning methods that will be developed in this project can significantly improve the visual recognition performance.
• Use of research technique / methodology / technology
• Potential topics of interest for the research opportunity
• Current PHD and/or Masters topics
• Eligibility criteria / candidate profile
• Scholarship(s) / funding available
The students are expected to have excellent mathematics background and programming skills. Scholarships or funding is available for excellent students.
The opportunity ID for this research opportunity is 2022