To investigate functionalized porous nano-composites for advanced physical and chemical processes to convert CO2 to valuable chemicals from theory and computations.
The project will investigate functionalized porous nano-composites for advanced physical and chemical processes to convert CO2 to valuable chemicals, which will dramatically enhance the environmental performance of industry and economic benefit of the greenhouse gas control. Advanced nano-catalysts will be explored with state-of-the-art ab initio calculations, in synergy with experiments will be used to understand these nano-structures and their properties in depth. Such cutting-edge knowledge with process modelling and reaction engineering will have profound implications on designing combined CO2 capture/catalysis process to devise practical routes with reducing costs in a range of industrial applications. Specific reactions of interest are the interaction of CO2 with methane to produce acetic acid, and syngas.
HDR Inherent Requirements
In addition to the academic requirements set out in the Science Postgraduate Handbook, you may be required to satisfy a number of inherent requirements to complete this degree. Example of inherent requirement may include:
- Confidential disclosure and registration of a disability that may hinder your performance in your degree;
- Confidential disclosure of a pre-existing or current medical condition that may hinder your performance in your degree (e.g. heart disease, pace-maker, significant immune suppression, diabetes, vertigo, etc.);
- Ability to perform independently and/or with minimal supervision;
- Ability to undertake certain physical tasks (e.g. heavy lifting);
- Ability to undertake observatory, sensory and communication tasks;
- Ability to spend time at remote sites (e.g. One Tree Island, Narrabri and Camden);
- Ability to work in confined spaces or at heights;
- Ability to operate heavy machinery (e.g. farming equipment);
- Hold or acquire an Australian driver’s licence;
- Hold a current scuba diving license;
- Hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Meet initial and ongoing immunisation requirements (e.g. Q-Fever, Vaccinia virus, Hepatitis, etc.)
You must consult with your nominated supervisor regarding any identified inherent requirements before completing your application.
The opportunity ID for this research opportunity is 2167