PLASMONIC-ENHANCED RAMAN SCATTERING SCANNER: A REVOLUTION IN MOBILE SENSING
This project aims to develop nanoscale waveguide-enhanced spontaneous Raman scattering, thereby bringing on-chip single molecule detection and identification to reality. This project will advance knowledge in photonics, enhanced Raman sensing on-chip and nanofabrication.
Associate Professor Stefano Palomba.
School of Physics
The expected outcome of this project is the development of fully integrated Raman-based universal molecular sensor. The project will lay the foundations for nanotechnology applications of Raman scattering, and in particular for using plasmonic structures on-chip to detect molecules.The project will provide significant benefits for the mobile sensing market, estimated to reach tens of billions of US dollars in the next few years.
HDR Inherent Requirements
In addition to the academic requirements set out in the Science Postgraduate Handbook, you may be required to satisfy a number of inherent requirements to complete this degree. Example of inherent requirement may include:
- Confidential disclosure and registration of a disability that may hinder your performance in your degree;
- Confidential disclosure of a pre-existing or current medical condition that may hinder your performance in your degree (e.g. heart disease, pace-maker, significant immune suppression, diabetes, vertigo, etc.);
- Ability to perform independently and/or with minimal supervision;
- Ability to undertake certain physical tasks (e.g. heavy lifting);
- Ability to undertake observatory, sensory and communication tasks;
- Ability to spend time at remote sites (e.g. One Tree Island, Narrabri and Camden);
- Ability to work in confined spaces or at heights;
- Ability to operate heavy machinery (e.g. farming equipment);
- Hold or acquire an Australian driver’s licence;
- Hold a current scuba diving license;
- Hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Meet initial and ongoing immunisation requirements (e.g. Q-Fever, Vaccinia virus, Hepatitis, etc.)
You must consult with your nominated supervisor regarding any identified inherent requirements before completing your application.
Want to find out more?
The opportunity ID for this research opportunity is 2826
Other opportunities with
Associate Professor Stefano Palomba