Direct Epitaxy of All Inorganic Halide Perovskites for X-ray Detectors
This project aims to develop high-performance x-ray detectors based epitaxially grown halide perovskite single crystal fims.
Associate Professor Rongkun Zheng, Dr Feng Li.
School of Physics
X-ray detectors are widely used in medical diagnostics and therapy, safety screen and inspection, and scientific equipment. Halide perovskites are the potential game changer due to their (i) strong X-ray attenuation, (ii) exceptional optoelectronic properties, and (iii) low-cost raw materials and crystal growth. The commercialisation is currently hindered by three challenges: (i) large dark current, (ii) integration with read-out circuitry, and (iii) poor stability. This project aims to solve all the main challenges simultaneously by direct epitaxial growth of allinorganic halide perovskite single crystal films on read-out circuitry. The outcomes from this project could lead to the replacement of existing X-ray detection technologies.
HDR Inherent Requirements
In addition to the academic requirements set out in the Science Postgraduate Handbook, you may be required to satisfy a number of inherent requirements to complete this degree. Example of inherent requirement may include:
- Confidential disclosure and registration of a disability that may hinder your performance in your degree;
- Confidential disclosure of a pre-existing or current medical condition that may hinder your performance in your degree (e.g. heart disease, pace-maker, significant immune suppression, diabetes, vertigo, etc.);
- Ability to perform independently and/or with minimal supervision;
- Ability to undertake certain physical tasks (e.g. heavy lifting);
- Ability to undertake observatory, sensory and communication tasks;
- Ability to spend time at remote sites (e.g. One Tree Island, Narrabri and Camden);
- Ability to work in confined spaces or at heights;Ability to operate heavy machinery (e.g. farming equipment);
- Hold or acquire an Australian driver’s licence;Hold a current scuba diving license;
- Hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Meet initial and ongoing immunisation requirements (e.g. Q-Fever, Vaccinia virus, Hepatitis, etc.)
You must consult with your nominated supervisor regarding any identified inherent requirements before completing your application.
Want to find out more?
The opportunity ID for this research opportunity is 2843
Other opportunities with
Associate Professor Rongkun Zheng