In many cases, the fertility of women with spinal cord injury (SCI) is not affected by their injury. However, women with SCI are often presumed to have high risk pregnancies, have difficulty accessing trained healthcare providers and physicians with experience in both SCI and pregnancy, and often experience new equipment needs related to the combination of pregnancy and SCI.
The purpose of this project is to explore the experiences of women with SCI regarding pregnancy and fertility. Using both qualitative and quantitative methods, you will identify fertility concerns, barriers to pregnancy, and pregnancy and SCI related needs for women who have sustained SCI and wish to become pregnant or are already pregnant
• Use of research technique / methodology / technology
• Potential topics of interest for the research opportunity
• Current PHD and/or Masters topics
• Eligibility criteria / candidate profile
• Scholarship(s) / funding available
The opportunity ID for this research opportunity is 2964