Skip to main content


How to apply

If you are eligible and would like to apply for FEE-HELP, you will need to:

  • read the FEE-HELP information booklet
  • fill out a Request for FEE-HELP assistance form providing your tax file number (TFN) and submit it before census.

This form would have been provided to you during the online enrolment process. You can also access it at a later time in Sydney Student (go to 'My finance', 'Your finances', then 'Government forms').

Providing your tax file number (TFN)

If you have not provided a TFN by the relevant census date, you will not be eligible for FEE-HELP and will be required to pay your fees up front.

If you don’t have a TFN at the time of filling out your form, before census you will need to:

  1. Apply for a TFN if you don’t already have one.
  2. Fill out a paper form at the Student Centre, providing your TFN or Certificate of application for a TFN from the Australian Taxation Office (ATO).

Student Centre

Limited service

As a precaution, we’re currently closed for in-person enquiries.

Read our latest COVID‑19 advice


1800 SYD UNI (1800 793 864)
or +61 2 8627 1444

Opening hours: 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.


Last updated: 26 March 2020

Website feedback

Tell us if you’ve spotted a typo or something else wrong with this page.

Thank you

Your feedback has been sent.

Sorry there was a problem sending your feedback. Please try again

You should only use this form to send feedback about the content on this webpage – we will not respond to other enquiries made through this form. If you have an enquiry or need help with something else such as your enrolment, course etc you can contact the Student Centre.