Skip to main content

Explore: your options for overseas study

All the information you need to decide what overseas study option is right for you.

Explore: your options for overseas study


If you’re considering a global experience, the first step is to work out the kinds of programs available to you, whether you'd like to do a virtual or in-person program, the destinations on offer and the different eligibility requirements you need to be aware of.

There’s a lot to consider so make sure you give yourself plenty of time to research your options. The earlier you plan, the more flexibility you'll have with your choices. We usually recommend you start planning your application once you start at the University or at least 12 months before you would like to commence a global program.

Get advice

Talk to your faculty or school

Before you consider a global experience, it's important that you talk to an exchange coordinator within your faculty or school to work out if it will fit within the requirements of your course.

Drop in to the Student Centre

Throughout the process, support is available from one of our Sydney Abroad Peer advisors. You can book in a virtual appointment with an advisor between 9.30am-4pm, Monday – Friday. They have been on a global mobility program themselves and can help with advice on where you can go and what you need to do to apply. When the Student Centre is open, peer advisors are available in person.

Come to an info session

There are also information sessions and application workshops run by the Sydney Abroad advisors throughout the semester. Here you can get general advice, help with eligibility, destination information and tips on how to apply.

Last updated: 18 October 2022

Website feedback

Tell us if you’ve spotted a typo or something else wrong with this page.

Thank you

Your feedback has been sent.

Sorry there was a problem sending your feedback. Please try again

You should only use this form to send feedback about the content on this webpage – we will not respond to other enquiries made through this form. If you have an enquiry or need help with something else such as your enrolment, course etc you can contact the Student Centre.