Skip to main content

Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander support and safe spaces

If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander student, we offer a range of support services to help during your time at University. There are also supportive study environments where you can relax and access resources to help with your studies.

  1. Support services and programs
  2. Safe spaces

Support services and programs

The Gadigal Centre

The Gadigal Centre can provide all students with care and support, social and cultural opportunities, and referrals to other services offered by the University.

We also have a dedicated postgraduate support officer to support the needs of our postgraduate and coursework students.

Drop in to say hello, give the team a call to book an appointment, or access remote support by sending us an email. 

Contact us

Academic support

Each faculty has a dedicated Academic Advisor for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students. Contact The Gadigal Centre for more information on academic assistance.

Indigenous Tutorial Assistance Scheme (ITAS)

If you are an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework student, you can access the Indigenous Tutorial Assistance Scheme. This program provides you with access to tutoring throughout your studies. For more information and to apply, see the Indigenous Tutorial Assistance Scheme page.

Mentoring Our Brothers and Sisters (MOBS) program

If you are in your first year of study at the University, the MOBS mentoring program can connect you with current Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students. Find out more on the MOBS mentoring program page.

Last updated: 27 February 2024

Website feedback

Tell us if you’ve spotted a typo or something else wrong with this page.

Thank you

Your feedback has been sent.

Sorry there was a problem sending your feedback. Please try again

You should only use this form to send feedback about the content on this webpage – we will not respond to other enquiries made through this form. If you have an enquiry or need help with something else such as your enrolment, course etc you can contact the Student Centre.