This scholarship supports high-achieving high school leavers with a demonstrated interest in business.
- The minimum academic requirement is an ATAR (or equivalent) of 98.00.
- Applicants are assessed on academic performance, personal attributes such as leadership and creativity and outstanding achievement in extracurricular endeavour.
- Recipients must maintain an average mark of at least 75 Distinction and remain enrolled in the Sydney Business School.
- Recipients must also maintain a standard full-time load (24 credit points) per semester. If extenuating circumstances arise, scholarship holders may submit a request to decrease their load to a minimum full time load of three units of study (18 credit points) per semester with the permission of the Business School. The duration of the scholarship will not be extended if a student undertakes a minimum full time load.
- Each scholarship is offered for, and is tenable in, a specific degree program and is not transferable to another degree program, except with the permission of the Dean. If permission is granted, and the degree program to which the student is transferring is of greater duration, the tenure of the scholarship will not be lengthened.
- Requests to hold the scholarship part-time will only be approved under exceptional circumstances such as a medical condition which limits the student's capacity to undertake full-time study. Such requests must be supported by the Dean.
Value and duration
$6,000 per year, tenable for up to 4 years (inclusive of honours).
Payments will be made in two equal instalments after the census date of each semester.
The scholarship will be terminated if the recipient:
- Withdraws from an eligible course or fails to enrol,
- Commences part-time study without prior approval,
- does not maintain satisfactory academic performance,
- is determined by the University to be guilty of serious misconduct, including, but not limited to, having
- provided false or misleading information as part of their Scholarship application,
- accepts an alternative scholarship, administered by the University of Sydney, valued at $6,000 per annum or more for the same purpose as this Scholarship,
- does not resume study at the end of a period of approved leave, or
- any other provision as indicated in these terms that would lead to termination.