- Finance and undertake research relevant to the problems of the Australian dairy industry.
- Promote the extension of worldwide research findings to the industry.
- Provide advice to the dairy industry on practical problems encountered in the field.
- Assist in the scientific training of experts to service the dairy industry.
- Raise financial support for these purposes.
The Dairy Science Section has a proud record of research achievement in the areas of:
- Milking Machine Design and Function
- Lactational Physiology
- Lipid Metabolism
- The Partitioning of Nutrients during Lactation
- Control of Enteric Disease in Young Calves
- Artificial Induction of Lactation
- Control of Milk Fever
- Regulation of Lactation at the Cellular Level
- Pasture-based systems
- Forage Crops
- Robotic milking and voluntary cow traffic
- Advanced automation and Technologies for dairying
Visit our website for more details
For information about opportunities to work or collaborate with us, contact Professor Sergio Garcia via Research Supervisor Connect.