Skip to main content

Australian mobility grants

If you’re a current student and planning to study overseas, you may be able to access financial support through a mobility grant or scholarship.


These funding opportunities are offered in partnership with the Australian Government for short-term or semester-long study that provides credit toward your course. The largest support program is the New Colombo Plan (NCP) which has two streams of funding:

  • NCP Mobility Grants
  • NCP Scholarships.

For NCP Mobility Grants, funding is provided to the University to support specific projects. Most of these projects are run through our faculties. NCP Scholarships are for individual students nominated by the University.

We will advertise the projects available through channels including the Global Mobility Database. If you’re eligible, you can then apply. If you’re selected to participate, you’ll receive funding to support your studies dependant on the project and duration of study overseas. Places are limited and the project coordinator will make the final decision regarding your eligibility to participate.

Additional funding for exchange students

In addition to funding provided under the New Colombo Plan, the University provides scholarships for eligible students undertaking overseas exchange. Find out about the scholarships available and eligibility requirements.

The Government’s OS-HELP loans can also provide financial assistance for eligible students going on an approved exchange program or placement.

Mobility Sydney Global

  • Level 4 Jane Foss Russell Building G02
Opening hours

9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.

Last updated: 27 September 2022

Website feedback

Tell us if you’ve spotted a typo or something else wrong with this page.

Thank you

Your feedback has been sent.

Sorry there was a problem sending your feedback. Please try again

You should only use this form to send feedback about the content on this webpage – we will not respond to other enquiries made through this form. If you have an enquiry or need help with something else such as your enrolment, course etc you can contact the Student Centre.