Skip to main content

Australian mobility grants

  1. Overview
  2. New Colombo Plan

New Colombo Plan

If you’re an Australian citizen completing undergraduate studies, the New Colombo Plan offers scholarships and mobility grants for study, internships or mentorships in the Indo-Pacific region.

Two streams of funding are available:

  • New Colombo Plan Mobility Program (for universities to request funding to support mobility projects).
  • New Colombo Plan Scholarship Program (for individual students nominated by home universities).

Mobility program

Under the New Colombo Plan Mobility Program, mobility grants are provided for annual University project submissions. These projects support undergraduate students to undertake semester-long or short-term mobility programs. This includes short-term study, practicums, clinical placements, internships/mentorships and short-term research.

If eligible, you can participate in a mobility program and receive funding to support these studies.

The mobility study undertaken overseas needs to be a mandatory course requirement or study you can credit towards your degree.

You can find details on the programs available, or contact for more information.

Scholarship program

The New Colombo Plan Scholarship Program provides scholarships to individual students nominated by the University. You can find information on these scholarships, including eligibility and the application process, on the scholarships page.

Mobility Sydney Global

  • Level 4 Jane Foss Russell Building G02
Opening hours

9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.

Last updated: 27 September 2022

Website feedback

Tell us if you’ve spotted a typo or something else wrong with this page.

Thank you

Your feedback has been sent.

Sorry there was a problem sending your feedback. Please try again

You should only use this form to send feedback about the content on this webpage – we will not respond to other enquiries made through this form. If you have an enquiry or need help with something else such as your enrolment, course etc you can contact the Student Centre.