The ENGO Peer Mentoring Program is designed to connect first year commencing students to a peer network in order to support students in their transition into life at the University. As a mentor, you'll guide a small group of students during Faculty Welcome Week, the week before classes begin, and continue to support them throughout the first 6 weeks of semester through regular meet-ups and communications.
You will have the opportunity to:
- access exclusive training sessions to build up your teamwork and communication skills
- access special workshops on career development and leadership skills
- access professional development events that can help you when you finish your post-graduate degree
- be a part of our organising team for the Faculty of Engineering Welcome Day and meet up with new people
- become part of the Faculty’s mentoring program and organise exciting Faculty events throughout the year
- participate in fun events including trivia, game and movie nights
- build contacts within the Faculty that can go a long way in your professional career
- add this experience to your resume
- receive 30 Professional Engagement Program (PEP) hours once completed.
You will need to commit around 20 hours to the program. You will be required to:
- complete two training sessions before Faculty Welcome Week
- participate in our orientation for first-year students where you will meet the students you are mentoring
- meet face-to-face at least two times during the program between week one and six
- attend leadership building workshops
- complete mentor report
- communicate weekly with mentees via email
- provide feedback after the program finishes.
As a peer mentor you will receive training in group leadership and communication skills. There will also be free career development and social events during the program.
How to register
Applications for Semester 1, 2023 are now closed.
For further information, contact the Student engagement team at firstname.lastname@example.org