Skip to main content

Thesis submission

Submit your thesis

Once you’ve lodged your Notice of intent to submit, you will be able to submit your thesis. Log in to your Examination record in RECS; go to ‘My Project’, ‘Examinations’, ‘Thesis Submission’, then ‘Start now’.

Before you submit, make sure your thesis meets the requirements for composition and frontispiece sections.

Upload requirements:

  • Your thesis document will need to be in a single PDF file.
  • You can upload additional appendices or supporting documents in other formats.
  • The maximum single file size is 3.99GB but you can upload multiple files if needed.
  • If you need to submit a file that is over 3.99GB such as a video or audio recording contact your HDRAC faculty/school team for advice.

Once you have submitted your thesis, your lead supervisor will need to endorse your thesis submission in RECS. Your Notice of intent to submit request form previously submitted will need to be completed by your lead supervisor and other parties before they can commence endorsement of your thesis submission.

HDRAC monitors the progress of your examination, and will contact examiners where required to ensure outcomes are provided in the timeframe set out in the Thesis and Examination of Higher Degrees by Research Guidelines for Examiners 2020 (pdf, 102KB).


If you have submitted your Notice of intent confirming confidential information in your thesis, we will ensure your examiners sign a confidentiality agreement. HDRAC will do this regardless of which system you use to lodge your Notice and thesis.

Read our page on publishing and promoting your research which explains more about managing confidential information, copyright and intellectual property throughout your research.

Data privacy in RECS

RECS is a secure system which meets the University’s IT security requirements. Access to your exam record is restricted so that individuals can only see the information required for their role. For example, you will not be able to see the names of your examiners in RECS and examiners will not be able to see each other’s names.

More information

If you need help, you can contact your HDRAC faculty/school team.

You’ll be able to access user guides and videos with more information once you log in to RECS.

Last updated: 19 January 2024

Website feedback

Tell us if you’ve spotted a typo or something else wrong with this page.

Thank you

Your feedback has been sent.

Sorry there was a problem sending your feedback. Please try again

You should only use this form to send feedback about the content on this webpage – we will not respond to other enquiries made through this form. If you have an enquiry or need help with something else such as your enrolment, course etc you can contact the Student Centre.