Skip to main content

Update your personal and contact information

As a student it’s your responsibility to make sure we always have the correct contact information for you.

  1. Your address and contact details
  2. Change of name, date of birth and gender

Your address and contact details

You can update your contact details at any time in Sydney Student (go to ‘My details’, then ‘Address and residency’).

Here you can update your address, email, mobile number and emergency contact. If you have multiple addresses you can also select a preferred mailing address.

If you’re a student visa holder it is a requirement of your visa to notify us of any changes to your address within seven days of arriving in Australia, or if you change your address.

Permanent home address

You are required to have a current permanent home address recorded in Sydney Student. This is the address where you live outside of each semester.

For international students this should be outside of Australia.

Residential address

This is where you will be living during each semester. If you’re studying in Australia, this should be an Australian address regardless of whether you’re a domestic or international student.

Optional additional address

You can also provide an additional address where you would prefer to receive mail. This can be a post office box.


We’ll send all official notices to your University student email address. It is your responsibility as a student to check your University email address regularly.

You can choose to forward your emails to another address but if any important communications are lost this then becomes your responsibility.

You can also provide us with a personal email address in Sydney Student. During your studies, there are some situations where we may contact you at this address if you haven’t taken action after we’ve tried to reach you at your University email address. This includes providing important correspondence about outstanding fees or scheduling exams. When you graduate, we will use this address to provide information about your graduation, and to issue a digital copy of your academic transcript and testamur.

Student Centre



1800 SYD UNI (1800 793 864)
or +61 2 8627 1444 (outside Australia)

Find out more about how we can help

Last updated: 06 June 2022

Website feedback

Tell us if you’ve spotted a typo or something else wrong with this page.

Thank you

Your feedback has been sent.

Sorry there was a problem sending your feedback. Please try again

You should only use this form to send feedback about the content on this webpage – we will not respond to other enquiries made through this form. If you have an enquiry or need help with something else such as your enrolment, course etc you can contact the Student Centre.