Skip to main content

Update your personal and contact information

  1. Your address and contact details
  2. Change of name, date of birth and gender

Change of name, date of birth and gender

You can update your preferred name, title or gender at any time in Sydney Student (go to ‘My details’, ‘Personal details’). Your preferred name will display in Canvas and is included on class lists.

If any other personal details are incorrect you will need to ‘ask to update’ these and provide the necessary documents to support your request.

Once your name change is approved you’ll need to organise a replacement student card.

Supporting documents

Given name(s) and/or date of birth

Valid Australian driver's licence photo card or proof of age card that contains your photograph, current passport, marriage certificate, change of name certificate, or birth certificate.

Student cards, digital driver's licences, local library cards, or Medicare cards are not accepted.


Marriage certificate, change of name certificate, birth certificate or divorce certificate.

Student Centre



1800 SYD UNI (1800 793 864)
or +61 2 8627 1444 (outside Australia)

Find out more about how we can help

Last updated: 05 April 2022

Website feedback

Tell us if you’ve spotted a typo or something else wrong with this page.

Thank you

Your feedback has been sent.

Sorry there was a problem sending your feedback. Please try again

You should only use this form to send feedback about the content on this webpage – we will not respond to other enquiries made through this form. If you have an enquiry or need help with something else such as your enrolment, course etc you can contact the Student Centre.