Ways of giving
Every gift we receive makes a positive difference to our work and contributes to the important role that research and education performs within our community - both in Australia and globally.
You may wish to consider helping us in one or more of the following ways:
- Annual gifts – contribute towards a groundswell of support for our core programs
- Memorial gifts – allow you to express your love for a family member, friend or colleague
- Major gifts – make a significant impact in a discipline or project that’s special to you
- Principal gifts – have a momentous and far-reaching impact on our mission
- Legacy gifts – sustain your values and vision for the benefit of future generations
Looking to give back in other ways? Find out how you can get involved in volunteering opportunities to support our students, staff and graduates.
Types of support
Options to support Architecture, Design & Planning include the following, which may be established on a faculty-wide basis or within a specific academic discipline:
- Professorial Chair
- Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Postgraduate Research Scholarship
- Undergraduate Scholarship
- Donation to the school
Endowed gifts, which have a long-lasting impact and provide the school with increased certainty in the planning process, work in the follow ways:
- Gifts are professionally managed through the University of Sydney’s Investment and Capital Management program.
- Steady annual distributions of income are managed to fund ongoing academic positions and annual student scholarships.
- Gift projects can be named in recognition of the donor, their family, or for someone they wish to remember or honour, such as a parent or inspiring teacher.
- Regular reports are provided to you, for assurance that educational enrichment and public benefit is being established.