At the University of Sydney, we build strategic global partnerships that change lives through high‑impact collaborations, leadership in research, teaching and international experiences.
We provide opportunities for our staff and students to exchange ideas with the brightest minds in India by partnering with leading Indian institutions and scholars on commercialisation and research to support the continued economic growth and social development of both India and Australia.
We also offer scholarships for students who are Indian citizens.
Our collaboration in action
- 80+ researchers collaborating on joint projects across India.
- Partnerships in India in the fields of public health, One Health, environmental sciences, energy, sustainability, agriculture, and entrepreneurship.
- Signed partnerships with Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, O.P Jindal Global University, Asha Community Health and Development Society, Authentica Ventures, Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences, Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, Indian School of Business, Nagaland University, Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research and Public Health Foundation of India. Visit our Asia partnerships page for more information on our current collaborations with each partner.
- The Sydney Law School and Jindal Global Law School have entered into a dual degree pathway agreement which will allow Jindal final year LLB students to complete a Sydney LLM and count credits back to their Jindal LLB. The first student intake is expected in the first semester of 2022.
- Our Global Executive MBA has a residential block that is undertaken in Bangalore each year.
- The University of Sydney Business School has a multi-activity (‘Apex’) partnership with the Indian School of Business, Hyderabad. This agreement covers collaboration in postgraduate coursework, PhD co-supervision, research collaboration, faculty exchange and immersion programs for executives.
- Providing exchange opportunities for our students in India through study abroad, field schools, Industry and Community Project Units (ICPUs), Open Learning Environment programs, internships and short-term research placements.
Welcoming Indian students
Once Indian students join our friendly community, we offer plenty of support to make their transition to life in Sydney as easy as possible. With a vibrant community of more than 250 clubs and societies, we have something for everyone.
We host an array of subcontinental food, cultural activities and events on campus. The City of Sydney celebrates festivals such as Diwali, Holi Mahotsav and Parramasala, and we host the oldest cricket club in Australia, with a range of teams suited to all player levels.