Skip to main content

Enrol in a new course

What you'll need to enrol

Use this checklist to get prepared before starting the enrolment task.


Your UniKey and password

You’ll need this to log in to the enrolment task. As long as you’ve accepted your offer, we’ll send these details to you in an email once enrolment has opened for you.


Your contact details

The first part of enrolment involves providing your personal details, so make sure you have these ready. You’ll need to include full details of someone we can contact in an emergency.

If you’re an international student and don’t yet have a permanent address, you can still enrol. However, you'll need to provide us with your new address within seven days of arriving in Australia. Find out how to update your address.


Australian Tax File Number (domestic students only)

If you’re an eligible student, you’ll fill out your HECS-HELP, FEE-HELP or SA-HELP form during enrolment so you’ll need to have your Tax File Number (TFN).


Your study choices

Depending on your course, you may need to choose your program, major(s), minor, or specialisation as part of your enrolment. You may also need to select units of study. (This doesn't apply to cross-institutional, non-award, or study abroad/exchange students.)

Make sure you read your handbook to understand your course rules and decide on your units of study (if applicable).

Student Centre

Limited service

As a precaution, we’re currently closed for in-person enquiries.

Find out more about our service


1800 SYD UNI (1800 793 864)
or +61 2 8627 1444

Opening hours: 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.


Last updated: 28 August 2020

Website feedback

Tell us if you’ve spotted a typo or something else wrong with this page.

Thank you

Your feedback has been sent.

Sorry there was a problem sending your feedback. Please try again

You should only use this form to send feedback about the content on this webpage – we will not respond to other enquiries made through this form. If you have an enquiry or need help with something else such as your enrolment, course etc you can contact the Student Centre.