Skip to main content



Semester 2 graduation ceremonies will proceed in December

In light of the relaxing NSW public health orders, and after extensive consultation with students, the University has listened to your feedback about graduation ceremonies. As a result, we are delighted to confirm we plan to recommence on campus ceremonies in December for all students who were scheduled to graduate in Semester 2 2021, subject to public health orders.

We will be in touch again shortly via email with more detailed information about your graduation ceremony, including when it will be held and how you can RSVP to the event.

If you are unable to attend a graduation ceremony in person, you will be able to watch a live stream of your ceremony. We are also exploring other ways we might celebrate your achievements, including hosting a graduation celebration event in 2022.

Eligibility to graduate

To be eligible to graduate you need to have:

Settled outstanding debts to the University

All debts need to be settled by the release of your final semester results. Find out more about paying your fees.


Received a completion letter

You need to have received a completion letter, confirming you have completed the requirements of your course, at least ten weeks before a scheduled conferral date, to be eligible to graduate from your course. If you receive late results for example, this may mean a later graduation conferral date. You will be able to access your completion letter in Sydney Student.


Check your personal and contact details are up to date

You need to have made any changes in Sydney Student by the deadline:

  • 3 February for graduation ceremonies held in Semester 1
  • 20 August for graduation ceremonies held in Semester 2

We'll use your personal email address stored in Sydney Student to issue your digital transcript and testamur when you graduate.

If you do not have access to Sydney Student and your details have changed since you were last enrolled, you can update your details by submitting a Change of personal details form (pdf, 220KB).


All appeals need to be lodged before your degree is conferred. If you have lodged an appeal, you will need to withdraw from the graduation or conferral process until your appeal is finalised. Once your appeal is finalised, please contact the graduations team to proceed with your conferral. Find out more information about the appeals process

Student Centre



1800 SYD UNI (1800 793 864)
or +61 2 8627 1444 (outside Australia)

Find out more about how we can help

Last updated: 18 October 2021

Website feedback

Tell us if you’ve spotted a typo or something else wrong with this page.

Thank you

Your feedback has been sent.

Sorry there was a problem sending your feedback. Please try again

You should only use this form to send feedback about the content on this webpage – we will not respond to other enquiries made through this form. If you have an enquiry or need help with something else such as your enrolment, course etc you can contact the Student Centre.