Our Doctor of Philosophy (Engineering) (PhD) degree involves in-depth study in a specialised area of engineering, computer science or project management.
This will require you to prepare a substantial piece of work that represents a contribution to a particular field of knowledge, giving you a good understanding of research methodology.
This postgraduate research degree is also uniquely embedded with a coursework component designed to provide our HDR students with the opportunity to create a truly distinct research pathway.
As an HDR student, you'll be able to select from over 270+ HDR units of study from across the University of Sydney to help you complete your thesis.
These unit of study areas range from specialist analytical methods and professional engagement courses to discipline-specific subjects.
Furthermore, by undertaking your Doctor of Philosophy (Engineering) with us, you'll also:
- be studying at one of Australia’s top ranked universities for both engineering and technology, and computer science and information systems,
- work with and alongside world leaders in engineering, computer science and project management,
- be part of a stimulating research community environment that will equip you with the skills and confidence to engage in research globally,
- develop highly transferable skills in communication, leadership, management and commercialisation, preparing you to pursue an academic career or move into industry, government, business or entrepreneurship, and
- have access to leading engineering and computer science laboratories and research facilities in our redeveloped engineering and technology precinct.