Any women 45-65 years of age, who are in menopause transition or have ceased menstruation for no more than two years, are welcome to join the study.
- Currently use medication containing estrogen, progestins, or androgens within 8 weeks from the start of the study
- Have (or a history of) disorders that might affect sleep and/or thermoregulation (e.g., diabetes, cancer, heart disease, Raynaud's syndrome)
- Have (or a history of) moderate to severe sleep breathing disorders, sleep disorders and psychiatric conditions (e.g., insomnia, restless leg syndrome, depression, schizophrenia)
- Are on shift work or have crossed several time zones in the past fortnight
- Are unwilling to refrain from moderate-intense exercise of greater than 30 minutes or mild exercise of greater than 1h on each sleep study night.