Skip to main content

Transcripts and academic records

Completion letter

This letter can be used to confirm completion of your qualification before you have graduated and received your academic transcript.

Your completion letter can be used to confirm completion of your qualification to professional bodies and associations, and the Department of Home Affairs.

When is it available?

After the release of your final results, we need to check that you have completed the requirements for your course (which includes having all grades in your degree finalised) and confirm that you are eligible to graduate.

We will then email you and let you know your completion letter is available in Sydney Student (go to 'My studies', then 'Assessments'). This will usually take a couple of weeks, but for the courses listed below it may be longer.

  • Bachelor of Science (Advanced) and Bachelor of Science (Advanced Mathematics)
  • Bachelor of Animal and Veterinary Bioscience
  • Undergraduate Agriculture degrees
  • Honours degrees
  • Graduate Diplomas and Graduate Certificates
  • Combined Master of Nursing
  • Executive Master of Business Administration
  • Master of Business Administration
  • Master of Business Administration (Leadership and Enterprise)
  • Master of Management
  • Master of Management (CEMS)
  • Master of Professional Engineering
  • Doctor of Veterinary Medicine.

Unfortunately we’re not able to provide hard copies of your completion letter at the Student Centre.

If you qualify to graduate with a Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma in Semester 1, your completion letter will be available from mid-August. If you qualify to graduate in Semester 2, it will be available in late January the following year. This is to allow you time to upgrade your course if you'd like to.

Once you receive your results, if you decide not to upgrade, you can submit an online enquiry to request your completion letter if eligible. Be aware it may take several days to action your request.

If you can’t access Sydney Student

If you no longer have access to Sydney Student and require a completion letter, you can submit a request for letter form (pdf, 505KB).

Student Centre



1800 SYD UNI (1800 793 864)
or +61 2 8627 1444 (outside Australia)

Find out more about how we can help

Last updated: 13 March 2024

Website feedback

Tell us if you’ve spotted a typo or something else wrong with this page.

Thank you

Your feedback has been sent.

Sorry there was a problem sending your feedback. Please try again

You should only use this form to send feedback about the content on this webpage – we will not respond to other enquiries made through this form. If you have an enquiry or need help with something else such as your enrolment, course etc you can contact the Student Centre.