Skip to main content

Transcripts and academic records

Degree certificate (testamur)

A testamur is the legal certification of your degree and will be given to you at the time of graduation (or sent to you if graduating in absentia). You will receive a hard copy and a digital copy through My eQuals.

It contains your name, the course you completed (including major(s), but not minor(s)), the date it was conferred, and will be signed by the Vice-Chancellor and Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Education).

It can be used to demonstrate your qualifications to employers, industry, education institutions and professional bodies or associations and is recognised worldwide.

Replacement testamurs

You can only order a replacement testamur (degree certificate) if your original has been lost, stolen, damaged or if your name has changed. The University will issue one original testamur for each degree that you complete.

Your hard-copy replacement testamur will be produced in our current testamur style and 'Replacement testamur' will be printed at the right-hand corner. You will also receive a digital version, available through My eQuals.

If you’re requesting a replacement testamur and graduated from an amalgamated college or commenced before 1981, digital copies through My eQuals will not be available to you.

How to request a replacement

You will need to complete the Application for a replacement testamur (doc, 118KB). You will then need to submit a request through the Graduation support form and attach a digital (scanned) copy of your application.

If you no longer have an active UniKey, you can submit your request through our general enquiry form instead.

For verification purposes, you need to retain your original application form for 1 year as it may be requested at a later date.

  • If your original testamur is damaged or you require a name change you’ll need to include it with your application.
  • If your testamur was lost or stolen, you’ll need to fill out a statutory declaration outlining exactly what happened to it.

Your name will appear on your testamur as it is recorded on our records. You can update your personal details in Sydney Student. If you don’t have access to Sydney Student you can submit a Change of personal details form (pdf, 225KB).

You will need to submit your application and make payment by the deadline for the relevant upcoming conferral/issue date.

Replacement testamur issue dates 2024

Application and payment received

Issue date

Saturday 25 November 2023 – Friday 19 January 2024

Monday 29 January

Saturday 20 January – Friday 16 February 

Monday 26 February

Saturday 17 February – Friday 8 March

Monday 18 March

Saturday 9 March – Friday 5 April 

Monday 15 April

Saturday 6 April – Friday 3 May

Monday 13 May

Saturday 4 May – Friday 7 June

Monday 17 June

Saturday 8 June – Tuesday 16 July 

Friday 26 July 

Wednesday 17 July – Friday 16 August 

Monday 26 August 

Saturday 17 August – Friday 30 August 

Monday 9 September 

Saturday 31 August – Friday 20 September 

Tuesday 1 October 

Saturday 21 September – Friday 1 November 

Monday 11 November 

Saturday 2 November – Friday 29 November 

Monday 9 December 

Payment and processing times




Hard-copy (+digital)


All documents are sent by registered post.

Domestic postage: $15

International postage: $55

Processing time will vary as we need to wait until the next issue date to process your testamur. After we receive your Replacement Testamur form, the Graduations Office will send you the payment website and payment due date to your nominated email address.

Receiving your testamur

We post documents within one week of the conferral/issue date. After your replacement testamur is issued, we’ll also send you an email containing a URL with instructions on how to access the digital version through My eQuals.

Student Centre



1800 SYD UNI (1800 793 864)
or +61 2 8627 1444 (outside Australia)

Find out more about how we can help

Last updated: 13 March 2024

Website feedback

Tell us if you’ve spotted a typo or something else wrong with this page.

Thank you

Your feedback has been sent.

Sorry there was a problem sending your feedback. Please try again

You should only use this form to send feedback about the content on this webpage – we will not respond to other enquiries made through this form. If you have an enquiry or need help with something else such as your enrolment, course etc you can contact the Student Centre.