Skip to main content

Transcripts and academic records

Academic transcript

Ordering digital transcripts

Did you know, if you're a current student you can now order a digital transcript directly through the Services Portal?

An academic transcript is a formal record of your studies at the University.

You’ll receive an official academic transcript when you graduate. We will provide you a digital version accessible through My eQuals within 2 business days of your degree being conferred. Due to COVID-19 and limited staff on campus, a hard-copy of your academic transcript will be posted to you but there may be a delay.

If you'd like a transcript at another point during your studies you can purchase one showing your qualifications so far.

You can view a record of your units of study and results in Sydney Student, but this is not an official certified document. Go to ‘My studies’, ‘Assessments’ then ‘View your academic transcript’ for your course.

What appears on a transcript


Make sure that your details are up to date

Your transcript will be issued to you using the details that you’ve provided to us in Sydney Student. Update any changes to your name or gender before submitting a request for your transcript.

Your transcript includes all units of study (attempted, completed or failed) and your grade for each unit. If you have been enrolled in more than one course, it lists all courses (including majors(s) and minor(s)) and all units studied at the University. It is not possible to separate degrees.

Average marks (WAM and CWAM) will only be included on your transcript after your degree is awarded. This is only available for students awarded after 30 May 2020.

See our guide to grades page for information on how your grades will appear on your transcript.

Once your degree has been conferred, your transcript will also show a ‘final result’. This is not a mark average, but instead signifies that you have completed the requirements of your course.

  • If you’ve completed a bachelors degree, your final result will be either ‘pass’ or ‘honours’.
  • If you’ve completed a masters (coursework) degree, graduate diploma or graduate certificate, your final result will be ‘pass’ (if you commenced before 2011, you may also receive ‘pass with merit’).

What can I use it for?

Your official transcript can be used to demonstrate your qualifications or progress in your course so far. You might use it when applying for a job or to support applications for scholarships or further study.

It is also recognised by professional associations and government departments. For any hard-copy documents to be recognised by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) they will first need to be signed by an authorised staff member at the Student Centre.

How to order a transcript

You can order a digital or hard-copy transcript using the online Academic transcript request form. Both copies are equally authentic and valid. Digital copies will be sent to you in an email and hard copies will be posted out to your elected address.

Before you order be aware that:

  • results will not be included if they have not yet been released. You will need to wait until your results are available if you want these shown on your transcript.
  • if you have completed your course, your transcript will only show this once your course has been awarded and you have received your completion letter.

If you are applying for a hard copy or don’t have an active UniKey, you will be required to attach a copy of a valid personal photo identification with your signature visible, as it appears on a legitimate form of personal identification (such as your driver’s licence or passport). Your request will not be processed if this is not included. Student cards, digital driver's licences, local library cards, Medicare cards, or birth certificates are not accepted.

If you’re requesting a transcript from amalgamated colleges or pre-1981, digital copies through My eQuals will not be available to you. Please allow 2-3 weeks for a request for a transcript to be processed.

Any results received from studying at an amalgamated college will appear on your transcript alongside results from further study at the University.

If you have been nominated for exchange and need a copy of your transcript for your application to your host institution, contact the Sydney Abroad team at

Payment and processing times

If you’re a current student (have an active UniKey) and are ordering a digital transcript only, you will pay for your transcript when completing the Academic transcript request form. If you’re requesting a hard-copy of your academic transcript or if you do not have an active UniKey, we need to verify the identification you have provided before we can process your request. We will then email you with an invoice and payment instructions.

Payments can be made by credit card are charged in Australian dollars. The payment will be non-refundable if your academic transcript has been issued.

Format Cost Postage Processing times
Digital only $15 N/A

With an active UniKey:
2 hours

Without an active Unikey:
5 business days to receive your invoice

5 business days from when payment is received

Hard-copy only $25 + $25 each additional copy

All documents are sent by express post. Postage costs are charged for each delivery address.

Domestic postage: $15

International postage: $55

5 business days to receive your invoice

5 business days from when payment is received, plus postage time

Hard-copy and digital $40 + $25 each additional hard copy

Receiving your documents

Once we’ve received payment we will process your transcript.

We’ll send you an email containing a URL with instructions on how to access your digital transcript through My eQuals. This will be sent to your personal email address recorded in Sydney Student, so make sure that this is up to date.

Hard copies can be posted directly to you and/or to a third party (such as a Registration Board or University). If required, transcripts can be sealed in stamped envelopes (please indicate this in the ‘further information’ section).

A maximum of 10 delivery addresses can be nominated in your order. If you require additional delivery addresses, you’ll need to submit another order.

Student Centre



1800 SYD UNI (1800 793 864)
or +61 2 8627 1444 (outside Australia)

Find out more about how we can help

Last updated: 16 March 2023

Website feedback

Tell us if you’ve spotted a typo or something else wrong with this page.

Thank you

Your feedback has been sent.

Sorry there was a problem sending your feedback. Please try again

You should only use this form to send feedback about the content on this webpage – we will not respond to other enquiries made through this form. If you have an enquiry or need help with something else such as your enrolment, course etc you can contact the Student Centre.