Skip to main content

Transcripts and academic records

There are some instances where you may need to provide a record of your studies at the University.

Certificate of current enrolment

The easiest way to access a record of your current studies is by downloading your certificate of current enrolment. This is available once you've enrolled and for the duration of the semester. 

You can access this in Sydney Student, go to ‘My studies’, then ‘Enrolment’.

The certificate includes:

  • full name
  • student ID
  • DOB
  • mode of attendance (full time, part time)
  • enrolment dates
  • course and units of study you are currently enrolled in.

In most cases this should be enough to demonstrate your current enrolment. For example, visa applications, government departments, insurance and financial institutions, employers, scholarships, jury duty, accommodation and student discounts.

Unfortunately we’re not able to provide hard copies of your certificate of current enrolment at the Student Centre.

Document or letter requests

If your certificate of current enrolment doesn’t have all of the information you require, you can submit a request for a letter.

We can provide an official letter confirming:

  • your degree commencement date
  • course name
  • duration of degree
  • enrolment details - mode of attendance (full-time or part-time) and enrolment dates.

If you would like to request a letter, you will need to submit an enquiry and attach a filled out request for letter form (pdf, 505KB).

We cannot confirm expected completion dates, specialisations/majors, results or exam dates. If you need an official document demonstrating your grades, credit points completed or credit for previous study, you will have to purchase an official academic transcript.


If you need to request a letter, or your completion letter as you no longer have access to Sydney Student, you can submit an enquiry and attach a filled out request for letter form (pdf, 505KB) and a scan of your passport for ID verification purposes.


If you need a letter for Centrelink from a previous year, or copies of financial documents that you can't access through Sydney Student, you can submit a HECS or domestic fee related letters or documents request (pdf, 667KB).

Student Centre



1800 SYD UNI (1800 793 864)
or +61 2 8627 1444 (outside Australia)

Find out more about how we can help

Last updated: 13 March 2024

Website feedback

Tell us if you’ve spotted a typo or something else wrong with this page.

Thank you

Your feedback has been sent.

Sorry there was a problem sending your feedback. Please try again

You should only use this form to send feedback about the content on this webpage – we will not respond to other enquiries made through this form. If you have an enquiry or need help with something else such as your enrolment, course etc you can contact the Student Centre.