Advised and declared interests of the University's Senate
Below you may access the advised/declared interests and related party transactions (2018/2019/2020/2021) for all Senate fellows and committee members.
- Chairman, Thales Australia Limited
- Chairman, Future Generation Global Investment Company
- Director, Australian Philanthropic Services
- Independent Non-Executive Director, Qantas Board of Directors
- Member, St Vincent's Health Australia NSW Advisory Council
- Member, Australian British Chamber of Commerce Advisory Board
At the Risk and Audit Committee meeting:
- 30 November 2020: The Chancellor declared her and her husband's investment directly, and indirectly via One Ventures, in Vaxxas. The University of Sydney is currently conducting a clinical trial for the use of a Vaxxas product.
- Chair, The Sydney Writers' Festival
- Director, The Sydney Theatre Company
- Wife is Principal of Wenona School
- Wife is on the Board of Chris O’Brien Lighthouse
- 3 September 2021: BEC resolved to note that Professor Mark Scott AO was formerly the Chair of Wesley Mission
- University appointed Director, Medsaic Pty Ltd
- University appointed Director, ZingoTx
- Director, Cricket Australia
- Controlling Shareholder & Director, Bruern Pty Ltd
- Controlling Shareholder & Director, Eco Cars Pty Ltd
- Controlling Shareholder & Director, Chippendale Farm Pty Ltd
- Director, REA Group Ltd
- Director, Coles Group
- Director, Wenona School
- Member of Advisory Board, Afiniti
- Non-Executive Director and Chair-elect, Appen Ltd Board
- Non-Executive Director, Insurance & Care NSW (iCare)
- Non-Executive Director, HCF Group
- Director, HCF Research Foundation
- Non-Executive Director and Controlling Investor, Studiosity Pty Ltd
- Chair, L.E.K. Consulting ANZ Advisory Board
- Member, AICD Corporate Governance Committee
- Member, LBW Trust / Women for Change Committee
- Non-Executive Director, Board of Nanosonics Ltd
- Non-Executive Director, Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Board, effective from 1 October 2021
- Director, Yatsen Associates (Advisory) Limited
- Director, Vantage Asia Limited
- Director, Vantage Asia Holdings Pty Ltd
- Director, Belong Here Pty Ltd
- Chair, Refugee Talent Pty Ltd
- Director, Australian Republic Movement
- Sydney Committee, Australian Chamber Orchestra
- Advisory Board Member, China Matters
- Advisory Board Member, Asialink
- Advisory Board Member, Australian Academy of Humanities Project
- Employed, Nine Entertainment
- Non-executive director, Boral Limited
- Non-executive director, Orica Limited
- Non-executive director, Charter Hall Group Limited
- Non-executive director, Sydney Symphony
- Non-executive director, Snowy Hydro
- Member, Board of Music in the Regions Ltd
- Chair of Appointments and Promotions Committee, member of council and member of Executive Remuneration Committee, QIMRBerghofer Medical Research Institute
- Member, Vice-Chancellor’s Panel for Australian National University Institute reviews.
- External Councillor, Hospitals Contribution Fund (HCF)
- Son Christopher Pettigrew is Head of the HCF Research Foundation
- Chairman, Igniting Change
- Non-executive director, Transurban Group
- Director, O'Connell Street Associates with an ongoing relationship with King Wood Mallesons (KWM)
- Member, Prime Minister's Community Business Partnership
- Non-executive director, Centuria Heathley Limited
At Building and Estates Committee meetings
- 3 May 2017: In relation to the Health Precinct stage 1 early contract involvement, the chair declared his prior involvement as an advisory board member of Laing O’Rourke in a non-fiduciary capacity.
- 11 October and 22 November 2017: Mr Scott declared that he has had a previous involvement with Laing O’Rouke, ending in 2009, who have been awarded the main contract for the Engineering Technology Precinct (ETP) project (Item 1.3.1) and are involved in the Susan Wakil Health Building (Item 4.2.2). Mr Scott’s historical declaration does not disqualify him from being included in discussion related to the ETP, for which the final decision has been made.
- Chief executive officer and director, Wirriga Pty Ltd
- Director, Draco Analytics Pty Ltd
- Sydney Branch Vice-President (Academic Staff), National Tertiary Education Union (NTEU)
- Member and Workplace Delegate, National Tertiary Education Union
- Member of Lived Experience Advisory Panel, Black Dog Institute
- Ambassador, White Ribbon
- Co-founder and general member, Australian Progressives
- Director on the board, Victorian Kids in Care Advocacy Service Inc.
- Employed, Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- Director, NSW Jewish Board of Deputies
- Employee, Allens
- Member and Political Affairs Coordinator of the Australasian Union of Jewish Students
- Susan Wakil Fellowship Director
- Mother is a Councillor on the City of Sydney Council
External Senate Committee Experts
- Director, Sydney Institute of Marine Science
- Chair, Sydney Institute of Marine Science Foundation
- Director, Environment Protection Authority
- Chair, EPA Finance Audit and Risk Committee
- Director, SUFC Foundation
- Chairman, TCI Renewables
- Director, One WiFi
- Advisor, Ziva Connect Pty Ltd
- Advisor, Mahlab
- Chairman, Australian Cancer Research Foundation (ACRF)
- Chairman, Australian Indigenous Mentoring Experience (AIME)
- Chairman, Queenwood School for Girls
- Chairman Q5 (Australia)
- Non-Executive Director, Australian Rail Track Corporation
- Chair and Non-Executive Director, Alexium International Group Limited
- Chair, Board of Taxation
- Non-Executive Director, Resolution Life Australia and subsidiaries
- Non-Executive Director, Creative Partnerships Australia
- Non-Executive Director, The Smith Family
- Non-Executive Director, Women Corporate Directors Limited
- Member, Major Performing Arts Panel, Australia Council for the Arts
- Non-Executive Director, Venues NSW
- Partner, KPMG
- Non-Executive Director, Western Sydney Airport Corporation
- Non-Executive Director, NSW Catholic Schools Pty Limited
- Non-Executive Director, Australian Rail Track Corporation
- Non-Executive Director, Western City and Aerotropolis Authority
- Advisory Board Member, NSW Public Service Commission
- Director, Graham Management Services
- Family association with Price Waterhouse Coopers
- Board Member, Health Infrastructure
- Director & Principal, DCL Consulting Service Pty Ltd
- Member, Water NSW- Project Advisory Board
- Member, NSW Planning Assessment Commission
- Member, Infrastructure NSW Audit & Risk Committee
- Government advisory work – various agencies. Relevant declarations will be advised.
- 24 September 2018:
- 3 May 2017: In relation to the Health Precinct Stage 1 Early Contract Involvement BEC noted Ms Leeson’s continued membership on the Health Infrastructure board.
- CEO, State Super
- Director, ACSI Board
- PwC was engaged by the University of Sydney Medical School to assist with the calculation for the cost of educating a medical student.
- PwC was engaged by the University of Sydney Medical School to develop an analysis of the operational and financial impact of modifying delivery of the medical program. Note that this initial project has led to a subsequent project to update input values.
- PwC was engaged by St John's College to provide real estate advisory services regarding a potential building project.
- PwC was engaged by the Marketing Department to provide advice on whether the marketing was targeting current health science issues.
- PwC was engaged by the University of Sydney Medical School to perform a valuation of the intellectual property inherent in the Doctor of Medicine program.
- PwC and the University are joint shareholders in InnoWell Pty Limited, a venture to commercialise technology to assist people with mental health problems. The University and PwC each have a 45% interest in the entity.
- PwC has been engaged by the University to support an evaluation of the Western Sydney Strategy.
- PwC has been engaged by the University to support an evaluation of the University's debt capacity and forward projections to 2030.
- PwC has been engaged by the University to carry out a Cost Diagnostic assignment.
- Managing Director of Pinnacle
- Chairman of Plato Investment Management
- Director of Resolution Capital, Hyperion Asset Management, Palisade Investment Partners, and Solaris Investment Management
- Director, Metrics Credit Partners Board
- Chair, Opera Australia
- Chair, Tendwine Mirage Operations Pty Limited
- Chair, Mirage Plains Pastoral Partnership
- Chair, Buildcorp Advisory Board
- Chair, Sydney University Rugby Foundation
- Director, Petsec Energy Limited
- Director, MySale Group Plc
- Non-Executive Director, Heffron Consulting Pty Limited
- Advisory Board Member, QDOOZ
- Chief Investment Officer, Qantas
- Superannuation Limited
- Independent Member, Great Barrier Reef Foundation- Investment Committee
- Director, Stockland Capital Partner
- Financial Advisor, Society of the Divine Word
- Director, Board of United Malt Group
- Director, Apollo Care Operations Pty Ltd.
- Director, Apollo Care Pty Ltd.
- 3 September 2021: BEC resolved to note that Terry Williamson was no longer on the board of Stockland as of 2 September 2021.