Public health short courses
- Research ethics: explore the ethical underpinnings of the research endeavor in both humans and non-human animals, including the justifications for engaging in research and core ethical issues arising in research.
- Public health ethics: an overview of the ethical and political issues that underlie public health and public health research.
- Medicines, policy, economics and ethics: This online course helps students understand the ethical and socio-political issues raised by the development, regulation, funding and use of innovative medicines.
Clinical epidemiology and biostatistics
- Analysis of Linked Health Data: this 5-day short course introduces the topic of the analysis of linked data at an introductory to intermediate level. It acquaints health services researchers, clinical practitioners and managers with the theory and skills needed to analyse linked health data.
- Writing and Reviewing Medical Papers: learn the why, what, where and how of getting your paper published on this practical short course.
- Business of Health: this course gives a systematic introduction into how Australia’s health system functions as a business system.
- Evidence into Policy and Planning: This short course will equip you with the knowledge of a range of theoretical frameworks and approaches to develop an understanding of the relationship between evidence, policy and planning.
Qualitative health research methods
These short courses are variants of units of study available for direct registration. This enables you to complete the unit without formal university enrolment. You will receive a certificate of completion, however, you will not receive credit points towards a University of Sydney degree.
Sydney Professional Certificates
Sydney Professional Certificates are micro-credentials comprising of two units of study. They are flexible courses designed for time-poor healthcare professionals wanting to undertake study in specialised areas.
Explore our Public Health Sydney Professional Certificates >
Units of study via non award
These individual units of study can be taken through formal non-award enrolment. This enables you to receive credit points towards a relevant University of Sydney degree. You will be expected to complete assessment and examination tasks.
Apply for a unit of study via non award >