Domestic student tuition fees

Calculate university fees for domestic students in Australia

You are a domestic student if you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident, New Zealand citizen, Australian humanitarian visa holder or a Pacific Engagement visa holder.

This page contains tuition fee information for domestic students. If you are an international student, see tuition fees for international students.

Types of tuition fees

Your tuition fees are calculated based on your calendar year of study, the course you are enrolled in, and government funding arrangements.

Other costs

In addition to tuition fees, there are other fees and costs such as the Student Services and Amenities fee (SSAF).

Commonwealth supported places (CSP)

A Commonwealth supported place (CSP) means your course fees are partially subsidised by the Australian Government and you pay a Student Contribution Amount.

Please see our Commonwealth supported places page for more details.

Full fee courses

Most domestic postgraduate students study in a full fee-paying place, due to the limited availability of CSPs.

The University sets annual course fees for single postgraduate coursework degrees, which differ depending on the course. Search for your course to find out the tuition fee.

FEE-HELP loans

As a full-fee paying student you may be eligible for FEE-HELP, a government scheme assisting eligible students to access a loan to help cover all or part of their tuition fees.

Research Training Program funding

Tuition fees for domestic students undertaking a Higher Degree Research (HDR) at the University of Sydney are usually funded by the Australian Government through an Research Training Program (RTP) Tuition Fee Offset.