|This page was first published on 21 November 2022 and was last amended on 21 February 2023.
View details of the changes below.
The course resolutions detailed in this page apply to all courses included in the table below under section 1 (course codes).
These resolutions must be read in conjunction with applicable University By-laws, Rules and policies including (but not limited to) the University of Sydney (Coursework) Rule 2014 (the 'Coursework Rule'), the Coursework Policy 2021 (the 'Coursework Policy'), the Learning and Teaching Policy 2019, the Resolutions of the Faculty, University of Sydney (Student Academic Appeals) Rule 2021, the Academic Honesty in Coursework Policy 2015 and the Academic Honesty Procedures 2016. Current versions of all policies are available from the Policy Register: https://www.sydney.edu.au/policies
|Code||Course title||Faculty or University School administering the course|
|GSABTSHP-01||Sydney Professional Certificate in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Promotion||Faculty of Medicine and Health|
|GSBISTHL-01||Sydney Professional Certificate in Biostatistics in Health||Faculty of Medicine and Health|
|GSDTLTHP-01||Sydney Professional Certificate in Data Literacy for Health Policymakers||Faculty of Medicine and Health|
|GSHLTCMG-01||Sydney Professional Certificate in Health Technology Management||Faculty of Medicine and Health|
|GSLDRHLT-01||Sydney Professional Certificate in Leadership in Health||Faculty of Medicine and Health|
|GSQLHLTR-01||Sydney Professional Certificate in Qualitative Health Research||Faculty of Medicine and Health|
|GSCMPHMD-01||Sydney Professional Certificate in Commercialisation of Pharmaceuticals & Medical Devices||Faculty of Medicine and Health|
|GSCMPMRG-01||Sydney Professional Certificate in Complementary Medicines Regulation||Faculty of Medicine and Health|
|GSDIABMG-01||Sydney Professional Certificate in Diabetes Management||Faculty of Medicine and Health|
|GSDGNEEG-01||Sydney Professional Certificate in Diagnostic Electroencephalography (EEG)||Faculty of Medicine and Health|
|GSFNDIMT-01||Sydney Professional Certificate in Fundamentals of Immunotherapy||Faculty of Medicine and Health|
|GSINCRMD-01||Sydney Professional Certificate in Intensive Care Medicine||Faculty of Medicine and Health|
|GSINOPNM-01||Sydney Professional Certificate in Intraoperative Neuromonitoring||Faculty of Medicine and Health|
|GSMETBHL-01||Sydney Professional Certificate in Metabolic Health||Faculty of Medicine and Health|
|GSMETBMG-01||Sydney Professional Certificate in Metabolic Management||Faculty of Medicine and Health|
|GSNRLELD-01||Sydney Professional Certificate in Neurological Electrodiagnosis||Faculty of Medicine and Health|
|GSONBRSR-01||Sydney Professional Certificate in Oncoplastic Breast Surgery||Faculty of Medicine and Health|
|GSORFPSC-01||Sydney Professional Certificate in Orofacial Pain Science||Faculty of Medicine and Health|
|GSPSYPAI-01||Sydney Professional Certificate in Psychology of Pain||Faculty of Medicine and Health|
|GSRETRMD-01||Sydney Professional Certificate in Retrieval Medicine||Faculty of Medicine and Health|
|GSFNDHIE-01||Sydney Professional Certificate in Foundations in Higher Education||Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences|
(1) The attendance pattern for this course is part-time. Some units of study are only available in distance mode.
(2) This course leads to a Professional Certificate, in accordance with requirements set out in the Coursework Rule and the Coursework Policy.
(1) Study in the Sydney Professional Certificate may be used for credit in Graduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas and Master degrees subject to the resolutions of those awards and the Coursework Policy. The embedded courses for a Sydney Professional Certificate course are given in the award resolutions for the relevant Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma or Masters degree as approved by the relevant faculty or University school board and approved by the Academic Board.
(2) Providing that candidates satisfy the admission requirements for each stage, a candidate may progress to the award of any of the courses in this sequence and receive full credit for work completed in the prior award. Only the highest award completed will be conferred.
(1) Candidates in the Sydney Professional Certificate will be under the general supervision of the faculty or University School administering the course as specified in 4(1) above.
(2) The Dean or Dean and Head of School of the faculty or University school shall exercise authority in any matter concerned with the Sydney Professional Certificate not otherwise dealt with in these resolutions.
(1) Available places will be offered to qualified applicants in the order in which complete applications are received, according to the following admissions criteria.
(2) Admission to candidature requires:
(a) A bachelor’s degree or higher award; where relevant this must be in a discipline related to the Sydney Professional Certificate course as specified in Table A; or
(b) Where specified in Table A, qualifications and documented relevant professional experience and achievement sufficient to successfully undertake the award; and
(c) Other admission requirements for the course as specified in Table A.
(1) The units of study that may be taken for the course/s are set out in Table A for the relevant Sydney Professional Certificate course.
(2) To qualify for the award of the Sydney Professional Certificate a candidate must complete 12 credit points from the relevant course as specified in Table A.
(1) No recognition of prior learning will be granted for any Sydney Professional Certificate course unless the prior learning involves units of study that have been completed as part of an incomplete articulated postgraduate coursework program in a cognate discipline at the University of Sydney.
(1) Candidates must complete all requirements for a Sydney Professional Certificate course within a period of 2 years.
(1) Cross-institutional study is not available in this course.
(1) International exchange is not allowed in this course.
(1) The Sydney Professional Certificate will be awarded in the pass grade.
(2) The testamur for the Sydney Professional Certificate will specify the course completed
(3) The testamur will be forwarded to successful candidates after the University has certified that requirements for the course have been met.
(1) A candidate in the Sydney Professional Certificate may apply to transfer into another award as set out in section 4 of these resolutions and subject to the resolutions of the award into which they seek to transfer.
(2) Candidates who transfer into another award will not be awarded the Sydney Professional Certificate but will be awarded the qualification into which they transfer upon completing requirements for that award.
(1) These resolutions apply to students who commenced their candidature after 1 January 2020.
|Date||Original publication||Post-publication amendment|
|21/02/2023||Clause 5(2) published as:
5(2) The Dean or Dean and Head of School of the faculty or University school and the Chair of the Board of Interdisciplinary Studies shall jointly exercise authority in any matter concerned with the Sydney Professional Certificate not otherwise dealt with in these resolutions.
|Clause 5(2) amended to:
5(2) The Dean or Dean and Head of School of the faculty or University school shall exercise authority in any matter concerned with the Sydney Professional Certificate not otherwise dealt with in these resolutions.