Skip to main content

Disability support

Deciding whether to register

You are not obligated to disclose a disability or medical condition to the University, but if you would like to access academic or environment-related adjustments, disclosing enables us to determine the kind of assistance that could be most useful to you.

The following questions might help you decide whether to register.

  • Is my disability making it harder to meet the requirements of my studies?
  • Is my disability contributing to a poor experience at university?
  • Do I feel disadvantaged at university by my disability?
  • Am I relying on Special Consideration to counter the impact of my disability?

If you’re still unsure you can always discuss your situation with a Disability Officer.

Disclosing information and confidentiality

Registering with us might involve:

  • disclosing your disability or impairment
  • telling us how it impacts your studies and what adjustments you may require
  • providing supporting documents.

Telling Inclusion and Disability Services about the nature of your disability or impairment doesn’t mean you’re telling everyone on campus.

Inclusion and Disability Services never discloses your diagnosis to University staff, but instead refers to the impacts of your condition when communicating with your faculty or school to organise and implement support.

Inclusion and Disability Services

  • + 61 2 8627 8482
  • Level 5 Jane Foss Russell Building G02
Opening hours

9am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday.

Registered students can make an enquiry online

Last updated: 25 November 2021

Website feedback

Tell us if you’ve spotted a typo or something else wrong with this page.

Thank you

Your feedback has been sent.

Sorry there was a problem sending your feedback. Please try again

You should only use this form to send feedback about the content on this webpage – we will not respond to other enquiries made through this form. If you have an enquiry or need help with something else such as your enrolment, course etc you can contact the Student Centre.