The course resolutions detailed in this page apply to all courses included in the table below under section 1 (course codes).
These resolutions must be read in conjunction with applicable University By-laws, Rules and policies including (but not limited to) the University of Sydney (Coursework) Rule 2014 (the 'Coursework Rule'), the Coursework Policy 2021 (the 'Coursework Policy'), the Learning and Teaching Policy 2019, the Resolutions of the Faculty, University of Sydney (Student Academic Appeals) Rule 2021, the Academic Integrity Policy 2022 and the Academic Integrity Procedures 2022. Current versions of all policies are available from the Policy Register: http://www.sydney.edu.au/policies
|Code||Course title||Stream title|
|BHSCIENH-02||Bachelor of Science (Honours)|
(1) Students must complete the requirements for the Honours course full-time over two consecutive semesters.
(2) If the School is satisfied that a student is unable to attempt the Honours course on a fulltime basis, and if the Dean so recommends, permission may be granted to undertake Honours part-time over four consecutive semesters.
Admission to the Honours program is by permission of the Associate Dean on advice from the administering School after the completion of all of the following requirements:
(1) A Bachelor of Science degree (or equivalent) including at least one major or program, or equivalent studies at another institution; and
(2) A weighted average mark (WAM) of at least 65.0 in units of study, and a major or study of equivalent depth in the area of the proposed Honours subject area; or a credit average in 48 credit points in 2000-level and above units of study relevant to the Honours subject area, as determined by the School concerned; and
(3) Any requirements for Honours entry set by the relevant department, school or faculty.
(1) To qualify for the award of the Bachelor of Science (Honours), a student must successfully complete a minimum of 12 credit points of coursework and 24-36 credit points of research project.
(2) The Honours subject areas and units of study for the Bachelor of Science (Honours) are listed in Table A for the Bachelor of Science.
The Honours degree is awarded in classes ranging from First Class to Third Class according to the rules specified in the Coursework Policy and the Resolutions of the Faculty of Science.
(1) These resolutions apply to persons who commenced their candidature after 1 January 2024.
(2) Students who commenced their candidature prior to 1 January 2024 should complete the requirements in accordance with the resolutions in force at the time of their commencement.