Skip to main content

Lost and found property

Find out what you need to do if you've lost or found something on campus.

Log your lost property

Log your lost property through the reporting portal. You need to be connected to the Sydney University Network to submit an online Lost Property Report.

When completing a lost Property Report make sure you enter your information in as much detail as possible, including a contact email address, phone number, detailed description and/or a photograph of the item. Contact information is required if you would like to be notified when this report is received and acknowledged.

Visit in person

Visit to see if your property has been handed in to Protective Services. 

Camperdown/Darlington Campus
G12 Services Building, Level 1 front desk Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm. Phone +61 2 9351 2000. Or visit the 24/7 Protective Services desk located on the north side of the building via the security vehicle carpark.

Camden Campus
(C01E) General Teaching Building. Phone +61 2 9036 7763.


We recommend you label your property with your student ID, particularly valuable items such as a laptop or USB. This increases the chances of us safely returning your property to you if it is handed in.

Lost items

If you have lost something, we recommend you:

  • re-trace your steps to see if you can identify where you lost your item
  • call or visit the location to see if it has been handed in (if you know where you lost your item)
  • log a lost property report or attend a lost property collection point to see if your property has been handed into Protective Services
  • submit a police report, if you want to.

Found items

Any item found is stored in the Property Room at G12 Services Building, 22 Codrington Street, Darlington. These items are stored for a period of up to three months. Items that remain unclaimed after this time will be donated to charity or sustainably recycled.

As a matter of work health and safety, lunch boxes, coffee cups and drink bottles will be disposed of and not stored. Due to security concerns USBs/flash drives will be recycled through a secure E-Waste service.

Uncollected Sydney University student cards are returned to the Student Centre in the Jane Foss Russell building each week. Other uncollected identification (licenses, passports etc.) are held for one week and then destroyed to ensure the owner's privacy.

Assist Campus

  • +61 2 9351 2000 (Camperdown and Darlington Campus)
  • +61 2 9036 7763 (Camden Campus)
  • +61 2 9351 1295 (Conservatorium of Music)
  • Level 1, 22 Codrington Street, Darlington NSW 2008 Services Building G12
Last updated: 07 December 2023

Website feedback

Tell us if you’ve spotted a typo or something else wrong with this page.

Thank you

Your feedback has been sent.

Sorry there was a problem sending your feedback. Please try again

You should only use this form to send feedback about the content on this webpage – we will not respond to other enquiries made through this form. If you have an enquiry or need help with something else such as your enrolment, course etc you can contact the Student Centre.