Skip to main content

Study dates

Jump to dates.

Check your Semester 2 dates

Due to COVID-19, we’ve made changes to our Semester 2 2020 dates, including teaching, exams and study break periods. You may have units of study held in different sessions. For most students, your units will be held in either:

  • Semester 2 (session code S2C) – 24 August to 12 December
  • Semester 2 Early (session code S2CE) – 3 August to 28 November.

Depending on your course, you may also have units held in the following sessions:

  • Semester 2A Early (session code S2CREA) - 3 August 2020 to 20 September 2020
  • Semester 2B Early (session code S2CREB) - 14 September 2020 to 8 November 2020
  • Semester 2A (session code S2CRA) - 24 August 2020 to 11 October 2020
  • Semester 2B (session code S2CRB) - 5 October 2020 to 22 November 2020

It is important you check the session and corresponding dates for each of your units. Each session has different teaching dates, and deadlines such as census date.

Log in to Sydney Student (go to ‘My studies’, ‘Units of study’, then ‘Change your units of study’) to check the session code for each of your units. You will find the session code next to each unit of study in the ‘Your selected unit(s) of study’ box.

Dates for each session are outlined below. Use the filters to select the relevant session to display dates.

  • Semester 2 Early (S2CE)3 Aug to 28 Nov
  • Semester 2 Early - A (S2CREA)3 Aug to 20 Sep
  • Semester 2 Early - B (S2CREB)14 Sep to 8 Nov
  • Semester 2 (S2C)24 Aug to 12 Dec
  • Semester 2A (S2CRA)24 Aug to 11 Oct
  • Semester 2B (S2CRB)5 Oct to 22 Nov
Event or deadline Date
Last updated: 17 June 2020

Website feedback

Tell us if you’ve spotted a typo or something else wrong with this page.

Thank you

Your feedback has been sent.

Sorry there was a problem sending your feedback. Please try again

You should only use this form to send feedback about the content on this webpage – we will not respond to other enquiries made through this form. If you have an enquiry or need help with something else such as your enrolment, course etc you can contact the Student Centre.