Skip to main content


What happens next

When you receive your Student Financial Statement, it will include your liability status (depending on which payment option you have chosen) and the fees you are either deferring to HECS-HELP or paying up front.

Find out how to pay your fees.

Partial payments

If you elected on your form to defer all or some of your student contribution to HECS-HELP, you can make a voluntary partial payment during the seven-day window before the census date.

How to make partial payments.

Changing your payment option

If you decide during your study that you’d like to change your payment option and you’re eligible for the alternative, you can make this change through Sydney Student (go to ‘My finance’, ‘Your finances’, then ‘Government forms’).

Your HELP debt

Any loan that you take through the government’s Higher Education Loan Program (HELP) will contribute towards your accumulated HELP debt.

Student Centre



1800 SYD UNI (1800 793 864)
or +61 2 8627 1444 (outside Australia)

Find out more about how we can help

Last updated: 16 June 2021

Website feedback

Tell us if you’ve spotted a typo or something else wrong with this page.

Thank you

Your feedback has been sent.

Sorry there was a problem sending your feedback. Please try again

You should only use this form to send feedback about the content on this webpage – we will not respond to other enquiries made through this form. If you have an enquiry or need help with something else such as your enrolment, course etc you can contact the Student Centre.