Skip to main content

Paying your fees

Unpaid fees

You are expected to pay your fees by the due date outlined on your Student Financial Statement, available through Sydney Student.

We will send you an email to your University email address reminding you when you have fees due.

If you are an international student and you fail to pay your outstanding fees by the due date, we will send you two further emails, including a Notice of Potential Enrolment Cancellation. If your enrolment is cancelled and you are a student visa holder, your CoE will be cancelled and the Department of Home Affairs will be notified.

If you are a domestic student and you fail to pay your outstanding fees by the due date, we will send you two further emails prior to the census date.

Be sure you check your University email address to avoid missing these fee notifications.

Penalties for unpaid fees

Unpaid student fees can lead to sanctions and may also be referred to a debt collection agency (AMPAC is the preferred debt collecting agency) in accordance with the Student Debtor Sanction policy. Sanctions mean restrictions or penalties can be applied, including:

  • limiting your access to University student services
  • preventing you from accessing your exam timetable and Canvas exam sites
  • suppressing your academic record, meaning you can’t access your results or receive an academic transcript or testamur
  • preventing you from re-enrolling
  • preventing you from attending your graduation ceremony
  • preventing you from receiving an offer for another course
  • cancelling your enrolment.

Once payment is received in your University account, it can take up to 5 business days for sanctions to be lifted from your account.

Log in to Sydney Student to pay your fees.

Student Centre



1800 SYD UNI (1800 793 864)
or +61 2 8627 1444 (outside Australia)

Find out more about how we can help

Last updated: 01 June 2021

Website feedback

Tell us if you’ve spotted a typo or something else wrong with this page.

Thank you

Your feedback has been sent.

Sorry there was a problem sending your feedback. Please try again

You should only use this form to send feedback about the content on this webpage – we will not respond to other enquiries made through this form. If you have an enquiry or need help with something else such as your enrolment, course etc you can contact the Student Centre.