Skip to main content


  1. Eligibility and how to apply
  2. Refunds or remissions under special circumstances

Refunds or remissions under special circumstances

Late discontinuation under special circumstances replaces this process from 2022.

From 1 January 2022, students can apply for late discontinuation from a unit under special circumstances after census.

If your application is approved, you will receive a DC grade which does not count as a fail on your transcript and fees associated with your unit of study will be remitted without a separate application. Find out more about how this process works.

If you were granted a DC grade prior to 1 January 2022 for your unit(s) of study or you are an international student enrolled in a research program, and wish to seek a refund under special circumstances, please contact the Student Fees team directly for further assistance.

Student Centre



1800 SYD UNI (1800 793 864)
or +61 2 8627 1444 (outside Australia)

Find out more about how we can help

Last updated: 06 June 2022

Website feedback

Tell us if you’ve spotted a typo or something else wrong with this page.

Thank you

Your feedback has been sent.

Sorry there was a problem sending your feedback. Please try again

You should only use this form to send feedback about the content on this webpage – we will not respond to other enquiries made through this form. If you have an enquiry or need help with something else such as your enrolment, course etc you can contact the Student Centre.