Skip to main content

Staying on Track

Readmission after exclusion

If you’ve been excluded, you can apply to return to your course after two-years.

How to apply

To be re-admitted you’ll need to write to your faculty or school and receive written approval from the Associate Dean. Re-admission is not guaranteed.

In your letter you’ll need to show that during your period of exclusion you have taken steps to strengthen your skills, such as studying or work experience, to help your academic success.

If your faculty or school approves your re-admission after your period of exclusion, you will then need to submit a re-admission form and upload your faculty or school’s written approval.

For more information on conditions and applying for re-admission after a period of exclusion, see the Coursework Policy 2014 (pdf, 584KB).

If you would like to apply for a different course, you will need to pass at least one semester of study at another institution, or submit an application for the Dean's approval to apply to a different course. You will then need to submit a new application for the new course.

What happens next

If you’re re-admitted after a period of exclusion, the course and faculty resolutions at the time of your re-admission will apply for the remainder of your degree.

If you appeal against a decision not to re-admit you after a period of exclusion, you will not be able to re-enrol while your appeal is being processed. For more information, see the Appeals rule (pdf, 96KB).

Student Centre

Limited service

As a precaution, we’re currently closed for in-person enquiries.

Find out more about our service


1800 SYD UNI (1800 793 864)
or +61 2 8627 1444


Last updated: 27 July 2020

Website feedback

Tell us if you’ve spotted a typo or something else wrong with this page.

Thank you

Your feedback has been sent.

Sorry there was a problem sending your feedback. Please try again

You should only use this form to send feedback about the content on this webpage – we will not respond to other enquiries made through this form. If you have an enquiry or need help with something else such as your enrolment, course etc you can contact the Student Centre.