Skip to main content

Student representation

Several organisations at the University look out for you and represent your interests.

Undergraduate students

If you’re an undergraduate the Students’ Representative Council (SRC) is a student-run body that represents your rights and interests.

The SRC provides free, independent and confidential caseworker help if you are dealing with issues such as an academic appeal, a Centrelink, tenancy or employment matter, harassment or discrimination. Caseworkers also provide free legal advice and representation on most legal matters.

You can get involved in one of the SRC collectives that campaign and provide resources to student groups. This includes groups for students with disabilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex and Asexual (LGBTQIA+), international, mature-age and female-identifying students.

The SRC also publishes a weekly student newspaper, Honi Soit.

Postgraduate students

The Sydney University Postgraduate Representative Association (SUPRA) is an independent representative association which provides assistance for academic or personal issues that postgraduate student members may experience.

To access the services provided by SUPRA, you need to join SUPRA (free of charge) and be a postgraduate coursework or research student at the University.

Once you join SUPRA, you can access free, professional and confidential advice on a range of issues. You can also access free legal advice.

SUPRA produces a weekly email bulletin (Grad Post) and maintains many resources for information and advice. SUPRA represents the interests of all postgraduate students, giving you a voice within the University and the wider community. Find out more about how to get involved.

University of Sydney Union

The University of Sydney Union (USU) is a not-for-profit organisation that provides student programs and services. They oversee over 200 student clubs and societies that you can join even if you aren't a member.

You can also pay for ACCESS membership, which gives you a discount at most of the food and drink outlets on campus.

The USU offers a range of student leadership and volunteering opportunities that help you gain valuable skills and experience.

Student Centre



1800 SYD UNI (1800 793 864)
or +61 2 8627 1444 (outside Australia)

Find out more about how we can help

Last updated: 14 June 2023

Website feedback

Tell us if you’ve spotted a typo or something else wrong with this page.

Thank you

Your feedback has been sent.

Sorry there was a problem sending your feedback. Please try again

You should only use this form to send feedback about the content on this webpage – we will not respond to other enquiries made through this form. If you have an enquiry or need help with something else such as your enrolment, course etc you can contact the Student Centre.