Skip to main content

Re-enrol (continuing enrolment)

  1. Re-enrolment
  2. Recommencing or returning to your studies after a break

Recommencing or returning to your studies after a break

You are considered to be a recommencing student if you are about to return your studies after approved leave.

If you are on a suspension or a leave of absence you will need to re-enrol to return to your studies.

We’ll email you before you’re due to return with instructions on how to recommence in the following semester or research period.

Apply to recommence through Sydney Student. Go to ‘My studies’, ‘Course details’, then ‘Request to recommence studies’.

Once we've received your request, we'll email you when re-enrolment opens with information on how to re-enrol.

You will need to apply to the University to recommence your studies after a break. You should do this at least two months before you want to start, to allow time for us to provide a new electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE).

If your student visa has been cancelled, you'll need to apply to the Department of Home Affairs for a new visa once you have your new eCoE.

Student Centre

Limited service

As a precaution, we’re currently closed for in-person enquiries.

Find out more about our service


1800 SYD UNI (1800 793 864)
or +61 2 8627 1444


Last updated: 04 January 2021

Website feedback

Tell us if you’ve spotted a typo or something else wrong with this page.

Thank you

Your feedback has been sent.

Sorry there was a problem sending your feedback. Please try again

You should only use this form to send feedback about the content on this webpage – we will not respond to other enquiries made through this form. If you have an enquiry or need help with something else such as your enrolment, course etc you can contact the Student Centre.