Skip to main content


Before you make a complaint

If you have questions or concerns about lodging your complaint, you can discuss them with the Student Affairs Unit and your student organisation.

If you have questions or concerns about making a disclosure or complaint about an incident of sexual assault or sexual harassment, you can contact our Student liaison officers 1800 SYD HLP (1800 793 457) (option 2, then option 1) from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.

If you believe that your complaint may involve a serious or criminal offence, we recommend that you also consider reporting it to the police.

Talk to the Student Affairs unit

Staff in the Student Affairs Unit can discuss your particular circumstances with you before you make a formal complaint. They can help you decide whether to go ahead with a complaint, and answer any questions you may have about the process.

Talk to your student organisation

Your student organisation has professional and experienced caseworkers who can provide you with free, confidential and independent advice, advocacy and support.

You should be aware that if your complaint relates to a serious offence such as sexual or physical assault, the University is bound under The Crimes Act 1958 to make a report to the Police. This will mean that in such cases, the University is obliged to take further action with or without your agreement, and even if you had intended this for the University’s information only.

If you have experienced an incident of sexual assault, you can find more information about the support services and reporting options available.

Unit Student Affairs

  • Jane Foss Russell Building G02
Contact us
Last updated: 27 October 2022

Website feedback

Tell us if you’ve spotted a typo or something else wrong with this page.

Thank you

Your feedback has been sent.

Sorry there was a problem sending your feedback. Please try again

You should only use this form to send feedback about the content on this webpage – we will not respond to other enquiries made through this form. If you have an enquiry or need help with something else such as your enrolment, course etc you can contact the Student Centre.