Skip to main content

Once you've decided on your units of study, you need to enrol. Read our information on how to enrol including the relevant enrolment deadlines for your course.

You still have the opportunity to change your units after you have enrolled.

Each session has a deadline for the last day to add a unit of study. For Semesters 1 and 2, this is the end of week two of the semester.

You can withdraw from a unit of study without any penalties up until the census date of that session. If you choose to discontinue a unit after census, there may be financial and/or academic penalties.

Deadlines for adding units of study and the census date for each session are available on the Study dates page.

If you are a postgraduate Law student, you have a large variety of intensive units available. These units are daytime classes held over a four or five day period (generally between 9am and 5pm). Make sure you familiarise yourself with the relevant deadlines for intensive units, as these differ to the semester dates. You will also need to make sure your classes don't clash, and that you're available to attend all scheduled classes.

You can find class dates and locations in the latest timetable.

If you’re studying in the School of Public Health, you need to request permission from the unit of study coordinator to enrol in a unit of study after Week 1. This is to make sure you don’t miss essential information that could set you back in the unit.

Student Centre



1800 SYD UNI (1800 793 864)
or +61 2 8627 1444 (outside Australia)

Find out more about how we can help

Last updated:

Website feedback

Tell us if you’ve spotted a typo or something else wrong with this page.

Thank you

Your feedback has been sent.

Sorry there was a problem sending your feedback. Please try again

You should only use this form to send feedback about the content on this webpage – we will not respond to other enquiries made through this form. If you have an enquiry or need help with something else such as your enrolment, course etc you can contact the Student Centre.